Some Practical Solutions to Help Reduce Bed Bug Problems
posted on 14 March 2014 | posted in Bed Bugs
First off, if you have bed bugs - professional help is the best solution - getting someone in and treating the problem directly. However, there are some ways to help prepare for such an inspection :-
The above steps will help aid the bed bug treatment.
- Carefully check in and around your bed with a flashlight. Small blood spatters are a telltale sign of bed bug activity.
- Don't forget to check the bed frame, and any nooks and cracks around the bed area where bed bugs might hide.
- Placing glue traps around the perimeter of the bed is a good way of checking whether bed bugs are in the area. If you find any in the traps, call a bed bug control expert right away.
- Bed bug bites are usually along a straight line on the body, with a small indentation in the center of each bite. People's reaction to bites often varies, depending on the individual.
- Don't panic or throw away your mattress. And don't start fogging or using insecticides haphazardly. Bed bugs are experts at hiding, and bed bug treatment must be very focused and specific.
- Don't sleep on a couch or at a friend's house. If you do have bed bugs, this will only spread the problem around.